Wednesday 21 October 2009

Yesterday in the Evening Standard (which of course is a newspaper so all articles published must be true) it said that house prices in the City (am not sure they are counting Plumstead in this but it's close enough) are back to their 2007 peak. So I had a look on rightmove.co.uk and certainly they aren't round here. I still think Plumstead is a buyers bargain. Not only do you get a lot of house for your money you also have good transport links and a lot of green space - I am amazed at the amount of open space in and around Plumstead - you also get shops. Now OK I know we are missing bars and restaurants but we do at least have a good sized Co-Op and a Tesco, plus 2 post offices, a Boots, several pound shops, car servicing places, some decent takeaways and a firestation and police station so you are never far away from assistance!
You also get great views if you are up the hill (although to get the view it also comes with a wheeze if you are as unfit as I, hence I like the bus to the Common)!

No comments:

Post a Comment