Tuesday 7 June 2011

Playparks

Why are there no playparks on the "main" part of Plumstead Common - I'm thinking of the area near the rugby, bowls and tennis courts (are they still charging for these)??
I know the one in Winns Common has recently been refurbished but I'm not such a fan of it as it is mainly hidden behind bushes and always feels rather unsafe to me. It is a shame that the old boating lake is not used as a splash park/paddling pool and that the little hut doesn't reopen to sell teas and ice-creams. It might then get more use.
I do like a snack whilst at a playground!

2 comments:

  1. Too much money is spent on kids as it is - would be awful if they tore up the common for yet another brats' playground

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree. Additional recreational facilities are well needed. Perhaps on the Triangle opposite Annie's party land e.g. childrens play area and basketball courts

    ReplyDelete