Thursday 10 December 2009

Sprucing up the neighbourhood

I read this week that under some scheme or other two places in Plumstead are to get some sprucing up. One is the tennis courts and bowling green, which to me already look OK but I am all for things looking new and sparkly and the other is Plumstead Gardens which is to get a new playground, teen play area and youth zone or something. Sounds good to me, except I dont know where it is, must get googling. As other bloggers have pointed out there really is no decent playground around Plumstead Common. The one attached to that school near the Slade seems to be the most decent but who wants to be on a slide surrounded by cars whizzing by.
A playpark on the common would be a great idea. I know there is already that wooden play thing for older children but one near there for younger tots would be just right.

1 comment:

  1. Hey that's really good news. I think Plumstead Gardens are near the high street/abbey wood area.
    There is a playground next to the wooden stuff on Winns Common. Personally I don't like going to it as it's surrounded by bushes and any weirdo could be hiding in there. However, the braver parents out there always rave about the paddling pool that is located there and then I think the bushes are a good idea as they give the kids in cossies some privacy. The playthings could do with a refresh as they are all a little rusty.

    ReplyDelete