Thursday 18 February 2010

Old Pub

As you drive up the hill which I think is called John West Hill/Road next to the Barracks there is an old pub on the left hand side which has been derelict and boarded up for many years now. What always amuses me is that one of the old signage lights on the outside is always on. How random and I always wonder who is paying the electricity bill. I also can't believe it hasn't been snapped up for re-development, that and the building on the corner of this road and Plumstead Common Road as well - the one right by the traffic lights. Certainly given the regeneration of the area and the Olympics (fine views from the building on the corner I would have thought) you would have thought one of the large developers would have stepped in. Although I'm fed up on part rent/part buy schemes...

No comments:

Post a Comment