Tuesday 2 February 2010

restaurants 2

I drove past the Kings Restaurant last night and have a feeling it is going to be another chinese/thai (oh please be Thai)/Indian as there was a picture on the wall of someone slurping noodles. Still they seem to be nearing completion and I hope it will be a success. It seems a shame to have more of the same, bearing in mind that the eat in noodle/curry houses are never that busy and they are plentiful but perhaps the bar area will be a joy!
In the meantime I am chanting, thai, thai, thai everytime I drive past it..
The other old pub on the corner of Griffin Road (opposite the Kings Diner, greasy spoon - same owners as the new restaurant perhaps)? also seemed to be having some work done on it. There was a ladder up to the flats window and some people busying themselves away inside. Perhaps that where Costa Coffee are going to take my advice and open up!

1 comment:

  1. We drove past it today and there is no clue as to the type of restaurant.
    I'll chant along with you "Thai, thai, thai"

    ReplyDelete