Thursday 18 November 2010

Sky lift / Cable car

Another crazy idea. A lovely gimmick and probably a good tourist attraction but really f all use to those of us living in the South East who have to cross the river with our cars....No doubt any new plans for a river crossing will be shelved now that this seems to have got the green light.
Does anyone who works for Transport for London or the Government ever visit this area and see how congested the blackwall tunnel and the Dartford crossing are? It's chaos.
Not to mention that the traffic for the Woolwich ferry is always backed up to the roundabout causing traffic issues.
These problems aren't even when there has been an accident, they are usually every morning. Anyone I know who lives outside of London always says "oohh I hear about the traffic at the blackwall tunnel on the radio" when i mention I live here..pitying.
I might get some planks of wood out and build my own bloody bridge at this rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment