Monday 24 May 2010

Shhhhh

I am always amazed by how quiet London can be. Yes there is lots of lovely greenery in Plumstead but my house doesn't back onto it, instead like most I assume it backs on to someone elses house (he smokes alot outside the backdoor, guess his wife doesn't let him smoke indoors)! But it is really quiet for quite a densely built up area. Perhaps we just have nice, quiet neighbours with no children but either way for a really hot weekend there was not much noise around at all. I like it, still being able to hear the birds singing, mainly drowning out the police sirens...ahem.....

2 comments:

  1. Just heard the surreal sound of fighting foxes. Bit freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we get loads of them at night and they are noisy (guess because we are sleeping with the windows open at the moment). I wonder if it is fox turf war or postcode war...

    ReplyDelete