Wednesday 24 March 2010

The olympics

I am very excited about the Olympics coming and it was great news today to hear that Greenwich park HAS been confirmed as the venue to host the equestrian events. Blah blah blah trees and conservation and a bit of traffic...Yes but an Olympic event in our borough (Royal borough as well) is great news. It will never come around again in my lifetime (unless I emigrate, highly unlikely) and it is a great boost, both economically and for the feel good factor. I really want to be able to take my child to the Olympics and have already signed up for ticket alerts (see tickets.2012 or something like that). I am also really pleased that the shooting is going to be at Woolwich (of the official kind, not the Saturday night, your gang is on my manor kind) and think the backdrop for the venue is going to be great - and it's in walking distance, so I don't care about the traffic!
Yes there will be some congestion when 2012 arrives. There is now (see blackwall tunnel and my hatred of lack of river crossings). But 2013 are doing what they can and all I hear is people moaning. Show some pride people, it is a great honour for London to have been chosen. The stadiums in Stratford going up look great. So, no more moaning about it. Embrace it and be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment