Wednesday 7 April 2010

Voting

So the General Election is upon us..Not sure why people were so suprised, wasn't it always going to be in May? Anyway I have registered to vote but what I really need is a website that simplifies all of the parties main policies and manifesto's. A simple spreadsheet would do me fine, outlining their plans for education, health, families, stamp duty etc etc so I could compare and contrast and see which party will work out best for me over the forthcoming years. Rather, what I have to do is wade through a ton of political jargon and try and decipher what they mean and how much of it is a committed policy. If anyone comes across a website that outlines their main promises in laymans terms then please let me know!

3 comments:

  1. This looks pretty good so far, allows a direct comparison of the 3 parties: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/default.stm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't it also be great to have a site that showed promises made in past elections and the parties who managed to keep them. So far I haven't been that impressed with any election promises and almost felt Cameron's tax incentive for married couples was a joke. It looks like we are all going to have to take note of the liberals this time round.
    Missed the tv debate. Did you catch it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I did watch it. Not sure it really answered any of my questions. All a bit "best behaviour" to me...my hunt continues, although I am almost most likely to be swayed by the party which works out financially beneficial to us than any other policy...

    ReplyDelete