Tuesday 27 April 2010

Our Common Story

We bought this book when we first moved here. I think it is published by the PCEG and tells the history of Plumstead etc. I found it last night when I was llooking through some paperwork and realise that now we have lived here longer I at least recognise most of the places referred to in it. The front page has the list of the Plumstead Idlers I think they are called - essentially the main pubs. Ship, Star, Who'd have thought it, Woodman and the Mill (no mention of the Prince Albert, perhaps that was a newer pub) Anyway I realise that the Woodman is still empty. Perhaps I will write to the main brewers and highlight the need for a gastropub in Plumstead. If Mottingham, Woolwich, Eltham etc have them then surely Plumstead which is far prettier should have something. So I am officially on a crusade to encourage any local brewers, pub owners to invest in Plumstead Village...

No comments:

Post a Comment