Wednesday 21 April 2010

Emmaus Greenwich

I discovered this place a while ago and always pop in to have a rummage..For those of you who dont know Emmaus are a great homeless charity whose shops are run by people who have been homeless.
They sell furniture, electrical goods, bric a brac, DVDs, books etc all at ridiculous prices.
When I think about the amount of programmes on TV at the moment and the trend for reclaiming old furniture it is no surprise that "junk shops" have their prices inflated. I was trying to find a lloyd-loom esque chair recently and the ones I saw where around £30...Good old Emmaus - a fiver!! All these bits of furniture need are a good scrub down, painting etc and then they look amazing (I am a fab of rearranged design and love what they showcase).
There are also some really good charity shops in Eltham that I like a rummage around them as well. So much cheaper than posh junk shop places like Whiststable, Alfie's antiques market etc....
They have a website emmausgreenwich. org and they are based just off Brewery Road..
have a gander..

No comments:

Post a Comment