Friday 15 January 2010

help the aged

I was just reading Plummy Mummy's blog about helping old people (or just neighbours) and I offered a lift to an old man on my street just this week. He knows me to wave at but as I drove past him and wound down the window to ask him if he wanted a lift (he was walking down an icy road with his arm in plaster and is 80+) he almost recoiled! I think he probably thought I was a kerb crawler and hadn't recognised me with my coat done up to my chin! It was only as I drove off that I thought I probably should have said who I was and that might have jogged his memory, rather than looking like I was out on a pensioners kidnapping spree....It's been pretty treacherous out there for a while now so am surprised not to have seen more people keel over.

1 comment: