Tuesday 5 January 2010

New flats

Those new flats by the station are coming on at some rate..Also I'm sure they seem taller than they did before Christmas. Perhaps they popped a couple more floors on over the festive period! I'm not sure why they all seem to have been designated for affordable housing though. I would have thought a mixture of affordable and private sales would have been more beneficial for the area. There aren't to my knowledge any other new flats in the Plumstead area (except above the new King's restaurant I think) and living in a new build appeals to many people. Not all people wanting to get on the property ladder also fall under the guidelines for affordable housing. We earnt too much to qualify for anything, didn't work in the public sector to get those deals, yet still didn't earn enough really to buy our picket fence dream..
Perhaps I'm wrong and some of them will be available for normal folk...

No comments:

Post a Comment